At PAX I gave a talk with Robin Hunicke (thatgamecompany, Journey), Nathan Vella (Capybara Games, Critter Crunch), Dylan Fitterer (Audiosurf LLC, Audiosurf), and Andy Schatz (Pocketwatch Games, Monaco) called “In(die)credible! The best new indie games you haven’t played”. The talk was a ton of fun and we basically listed a ton of games that we thought were really interesting and discussed why they we thought they were interesting. I know a lot of people have been asking so here are the slides!
More importantly, here are links to all of the games we mentioned and discussed. I strongly recommend checking them out; most of them are free to play, and the ones that cost money are still so awesome that you should pay the $15 or so per title and give them a shot. Enjoy!
- Braid XBLA
- Limbo XBLA
- Windosill http://windosill.com/
- Machinarium http://machinarium.net/demo/
- Today I Die http://www.ludomancy.com/games/today.php
- Small Worlds http://armorgames.com/play/4850/small-worlds
- Endless Forest http://tale-of-tales.com/TheEndlessForest/
- Passage http://hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/passage/
- Osmos www.hemispheregames.com/osmos
I’ll post video soon if I can find it.