Thank You for Your Interest in Fire Hose Games!
For All Openings
Fire Hose Games is the Boston-based (temporarily remote) independent game development studio behind titles such as Go Home Dinosaurs, Catlateral Damage, and 20XX. We pay good salaries and our generous benefits package includes health care, dental, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k) with matching, excellent maternity/paternity leave, flexible work hours, and relocation reimbursement. Fire Hose hasn’t crunched in years and we don’t intend to start. Our company culture is inclusive, supportive, and fun. We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, and consider relevant experience in all its forms. We hope to hear from you!
Senior Producer – Apply Here
Fire Hose Games is seeking a Senior Producer to manage ongoing development of our latest game. This is a console + PC release featuring new and unannounced IP, and we’re looking for an experienced, empathetic, and effective leader to guide and grow our team. You’ll be in charge of all aspects of production, from the day-to-day routine of managing scrum and ensuring progress towards our deliverables, to the bigger-picture tasks of scheduling and making sure that the game achieves its vision.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing interdisciplinary teams through all stages of the game development process, from pre-production to production to shipping and post-launch. Our team is currently remote with an expectation of shifting to hybrid office/remote in the near future, so great communication and organizational skills are a must. Successful candidates must be able to work fully in sync with a team based in the U.S. Eastern time zone. Preference given to candidates in the greater Boston area, or who are willing to relocate.
If you’re excited about helping us deliver our most ambitious project yet, then we’re eager to hear from you!
- Oversee a multi-disciplinary development team of 12-18 people
- Create schedules for project milestones, releases, and tasks, and help the team meet deadlines
- Mitigate or remove any impediments to the team’s work
- Manage the backlog and track progress towards deliverables
- Coordinate work between fully-remote developers, and between in-house and outsource teams
- Guide a multi-platform game from pre-production through to simultaneous ship release
- Manage post-launch development with regular game updates and live support
- Act as a liaison between the development team and stakeholders
- Run standups, meetings, and postmortems
- 5+ years video game production experience
- At least 1 shipped console title (ideally multiple)
- Platform experience with modern consoles and/or Steam
- Experience working with art, tech, and design teams
- Production experience across all phases of pre- and post-launch development
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of agile development and scrum practices/processes
- Experience interfacing with game publishers or platform holders
- Experience with live/Early Access development
- Knowledge of production metrics
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence)
- Experience with both PC and console development
- Experience working with outsourced teams
- Live in greater Boston area, or willing to relocate